Free Trader: Maverick

Maverick

A Dream within a Dream?

Comments

Ship’s Boat: Defiant

Another 2 minutes in the ship’s airlock bring the pressure back to normal, with no signals of any contamination coming from yourself or your suit. As the light turns green again, you see the concerned face of Sarah holding an air syringe.

Panel
Sequence Y, I, A, 7.

“Better to be safe than sorry.” she replies.

As the two of you move towards your seats, there is a slight shudder as the ship is underway once more, and has cleared the Launch Bay.

Panel
Sequence M, F, 1, 1.
Self Destruction Activate.

Maverick
 

Location Unknown

As the shuttle cleared the launch bay, the entire crew was still tense. Jason continued to look at his data pad, taking in a deep breath audibly as the Panel number sequence began to accelerate wildly.

Everyone within earshout hear him shout out..; “Oh, fra…….” as asteriods the ship’s boat was maneuvering around become highlighted in shadow as the ship is bathed in white, enveloping all aboard her in a quickly closing shroud of white.

Maverick
 

Lauren remarks to no one in particular, “You know, I half expected that to be a bluff.”

Maverick
 

Magnus, hearing Lars’ comment, replies.

“Why bluff when he had all the cards.” pausing, then opening his hands, “Well, all but these six anyway…”

Chuckling, he asks, “Anyone want to wager on our chances?”

Maverick
 

Jason

You awaken startled, your body rising quickly to shield you, as if the unrushing light can be shielded from, before smartly whacking your head on a overhead bar your forehead intercepted.

Shaken from the impact, it takes you a minute or so for your brain to fully process your surroundings.

You are in a bed. A bunk bed.
You are alive.

Looking around the room, it looks like your standard freighter cabin, converted to a bunk bed configuration,equipped with a desk, above desk lighting, fresher, two foot lockers, and below you, a soundly sleeping Magnus.

Maverick
 

[OOC: I make no apologies for the following. This is your fault I have to bring it up, Marc.] :)

In farthest space beyond the known charts,
the horrid human and his band appear.
And though they play today at different parts
the core of subtle truth beneath is clear.
__
The path of choice may draw you dark and deep
where flesh deformed doth keep the dream alive
And if the way your compass cannot keep
some pearls of wisdom to thee do I give.
__
The quest is for a princess fair to seek
the one a human’s fleeting love did rend.
Bring forth the sword and through the darkness peek
one loving kiss amends. And there’s an end.
And if we shades with taste do not agree
a door of green shall set your senses free.
__
Time’s up, game’s on!
Good luck, have fun!
The tower’s up, but up is down.
Follow the path through the fairy town.

Maverick
 

[OOC: hee hee..well you all are smart cookies..I have to try to keep you entertained, but not bored, so I will take that as a compliment, thank you! tip ’o the cap And reading this using iambic pantameter!]

Also, I’ll now need a marching order of sorts. Captain, Pilot, who’s handling the cash funds, engineer, gunner, medic, and I’d like you all to chat amongst yourselves and decide on one who will speak for the party in certain situations. Of course this person will still be getting input from the crew, but at times I’ll need one voice.

I need the breakdown so that I can fill the remaining slots with PC’s, so I’m not juggling too much.

Now, back to your regularily scheduled mayhem..

Maverick
 

Lars
“Lauren remarks to no one in particular, “You know, I half expected that to be a bluff.”

Magnus, hearing Lars’ comment, replies.

“Why bluff when he had all the cards.” pausing, then opening his hands, “Well, all but these six anyway…”

Everyone within earshout hear him shout out..; “Oh, fra…….” as asteriods the ship’s boat was maneuvering around become highlighted in shadow as the ship is bathed in white, enveloping all aboard her in a quickly closing shroud of white.

Chuckling, he asks, “Anyone want to wager on our chances?”

Those words echo in your brain as the curtain of darkness you were in slowly gives rise to light, and sound.

Dull mechanical sounds.
Your eyes snap open. Your senses quickly take command, assessing your location. Pulling your self up, you realize you are in a cabin. Looking around, you see a fresher, desk, lamp, a foot locker with the name “Makaan, L.” stamped on the top and sides. Your bed, utilitarian, but comfortable none the less. Your are dressed in what you would normally wear to bed. Getting up and searching your room, you find all your gear, nothing missing, in fact, it is all organized exactly as if you had done it yourself.

Maverick
 

Lauren runs through the above poem herself under her breath as she splashes water on her face, then absently checks her pockets for any pearls of wisdom. (Almost certainly) Finding none, she shrugs and gets fully decked out – armor and weapons. She checks the current date as far as her pistol is concerned. Only then does she step out into the corridor, half-expecting to see Centrax//Pila at the end of it in black Battle Dress wielding a flamethrower shouting “NONE SHALL PASS!”

She wishes she were joking.

Maverick
 

LOL @ Lars!

Maverick
 

Jason hisses a curse and heaves himself over the edge of the top bunk. He deftly finds the footholds and climb down to the small floor space. He gets his jeans and short on, then flings on his vest. “Good. This actually looks normal.” He thinks to himself. Magnus being sound asleep gets Jason to leave a note on the side of his pillow. “Coffee in the galley!”

He sneaks out in the hallway and heads for the galley. While walking the hallways he feel the familiarity with the old ship. As he reaches the galley he reflects on the reason for all the memory barriers and countermeasures by the ship´s AI.

Inside the galley, he thinks back on the three simultaneous memory tracks. The coffee frushes that it´s ready. He gets six ceramic printed cups and the thermos from the machine and waves his right foot at the sliding door to get out of the galley.

During the walk back to the bridge he concentrates on the blueprints form the drawing table of the last memory track. Some of the information could be vital. He decides to try to get them on paper when the java has been handed out on the bridge.

Having passed the passenger hallway, he is startled by Lars´ shouting behind him.
NONE SHALL PASS!”
“Dropping the cups but regaining them immediately he turns and gives her an eye. ":http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3975334/
“Really, Lauren?”
He laughs and offers a cup.
“To the bridge, huh? Let´s see what´s heads and tails of this soup.”

Maverick
 

OOC: Jason could act as financial wiz. He also has taken a crash course in emergency medicine (+1).
So as for a crew member he could act as a medic. With his comp skills he should be able to maneuver the sick bay. A hedge-medic!

Maverick
 

Lauren sighs. “You really think it’ll be that easy?”

Maverick
 

Magnus wakes up to a familiar aroma. The faint smell of fresh coffee brings him bounding out of bed. Before getting dressed, he checks to see if his lucky deck of cards is still in his gear. Shuffling them triggers blurred memories.

‘Those were weird dreams I had. I’ll have to see how the others slept.’ Shaking his head to clear it, he resolutely follows his nose towards the java…

(OOC Magnus is the Navigator, though he’s also handy with general repairs. He can handle Senors, Comps, and Comms. He’s VaccSuit and ZeroG capable. He’s decent with a shotgun or blade, though he’s not as good a gambler as he thinks he is…I guess he’d be the Navigator/Tech? I don’t think that the play style I’m using for him lends itself to his being the primary voice, so he’ll remain a member of the chorus :)

Maverick
 

In Space: Unknown Location

Lars

“Lauren runs through the above poem herself under her breath as she splashes water on her face, then absently checks her pockets for any pearls of wisdom. (Almost certainly) Finding none.”

As you check your pockets, you find in one of your utility pockets on your right side a hand written note that says:

“But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ said Alice. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the cat. ’We’re all mad here.”

“she shrugs and gets fully decked out – armor and weapons. She checks the current date as far as her pistol is concerned.”

Your pistol goes silent for about a seconds then chimes back: “The current date is 242-1129.”

“Only then does she step out into the corridor, half-expecting to see Centrax//Pila at the end of it in black Battle Dress wielding a flamethrower shouting “NONE SHALL PASS!”

Jason

“Jason hisses a curse and heaves himself over the edge of the top bunk. He deftly finds the footholds and climb down to the small floor space. He gets his jeans and short on, then flings on his vest. “Good. This actually looks normal.” He thinks to himself. Magnus being sound asleep gets Jason to leave a note on the side of his pillow. “Coffee in the galley!”

[OOC: Had to pull up Kreio’s design so I can place everyone. Jason, based on your entry post, that would put you and Magnus in the stateroom nearest the bridge, starboard side, and Lars’ post having her in the stateroom adjacent to the galley, but next to the engineering station.

Magnus

“Magnus wakes up to a familiar aroma. The faint smell of fresh coffee brings him bounding out of bed. Before getting dressed, he checks to see if his lucky deck of cards is still in his gear. Shuffling them triggers blurred memories.”

The cards are gone, replaced by…a note?

“You hear stories of old
Of princes bold
With riches untold
Happy souls
Casting it all aside
To take some bride
To have the girl of their dreams
At their side
But not me
I couldn’t do that
Not me
I’m not like that.”

“I couldn’t sacrifice
Anything at all
To love.”

You pick up the faint whiff through the usual smells and sounds that occur aboard a ship. as you pass through a set of double iris doors and head down a long lit corridor, you see the iris door at the end of the corridor open…

and you see Jason and Lars heading back towards you, both holding mugs of what you take to be coffee.

It is a new day.

Maverick
 

P.s. also Both Jason and Magnus notice Lars is in her armor and loaded to the teeth.

Maverick
 

“Hey. What’s a guy gotta do to get a cup of coffee around here?” asks Magnus as he passes through the door.

Glancing at Lars, he continues, “Hopefully not arm wrestle, or engage in a firefight, anyway?”

Maverick
 

Lauren grins. “No, no, not at all. Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, after all. Help yourself.”

Lauren turns to Jason after Magnus heads in. “What’s the last thing you remember?”

Maverick
 

“Names, places, events all mixed and flurry. I don´t know what´s what. If I must guess, I´d say something happened 24 years ago involving Borderline Shipping. I´d say we´ve been sent on exploration mission and been under for the longer time of the trip. The jumbled memories and spells of different realities are due to meds withdrawal.” He takes a sip of the coffee. “When we see where we are we can probably guess better…” He fishes up his pad with his free hand. “I´ve yet to do a reboot on this. I´ll bring up the last logs to see what I´ve punched in. That will give us some hints.” He follows Magnus to the bridge.
“Remember is a big unknown right now.”

Maverick
 

Lauren lays a hand on his shoulder and gently stops him from leaving. “Why do you think something happened twenty-four years ago?”

Maverick
 

“My first m e m o r y dates to 100/1105. From what I can tell, we´re now at 242/1129.” He tilts the pad to show the date stamp. "This being the meet at Flammarion.

Maverick
 

Lauren shrugs. “Maybe. I guess we’ll find out.”

She heads to the captain’s cabin, not to the bridge yet.

Maverick
 

Entering the bridge, Jason checks the monitors and takes a seat in the left chair. He presses the keyboard to activate the autonomous guidance system of the ship´s AI. “Life support status, please!”

Maverick
 

While heading to the captain’s cabin, Lauren checks what her last timestamped action was on her pistol.

Maverick
 

Magnus reaches over and taps Jason on the shoulder. “Let me know when you’re done. I want to run the Navigation logs and run a complete flight check.”

Maverick
 

Jason reads the output and spins the chair. “All yours, amigo!”

Maverick
 

In his cabin, Kreios rolled around to the back, blinking irritated into the light. After dragging himself out of bed, he followed the smell of coffee and the voices, eyes still half closed against the bright. “What the hell happened?”, he asked the first he stumbled upon.

Maverick
 

Lauren nearly runs into Kreios before realizing he’s there. After a long pause, she responds to the question she thinks he asked. “One of two things. Either we’re back in the VR trap, or we were still in the VR trap when the ship exploded. Given where we are, I’m betting on the first one.” She sighs. “Unfortunately, there’s nothing to do but wait it out for our next chance. Unless you’re a Zen master?” When he shakes his head, she sighs again. “Pity.”

Maverick
 

Location Unknown

Lars

Lauren shrugs. “Maybe. I guess we’ll find out.”

She heads to the captain’s cabin, not to the bridge yet.

While heading to the captain’s cabin, Lauren checks what her last timestamped action was on her pistol.

“Greetings, Ms. Makaan. Last timestamped action: 08:43:12 Zulu 100-1105.”

Unknown Vessel Bridge
Jason

Entering the bridge, Jason checks the monitors and takes a seat in the left chair. He presses the keyboard to activate the autonomous guidance system of the ship´s AI. “Life support status, please!"

A pleasant vocoder tone echo’s back: “Life support status. Currently active and supportable in non-emergency status for 5 days.”

Lars reaches the captain’s cabin and is just about to access the door panel when she hears Sarah’s voice over her comm: “Hello?”

Unknown Vessel Bridge
Magnus

Magnus reaches over and taps Jason on the shoulder. “Let me know when you’re done. I want to run the Navigation logs and run a complete flight check.”

Jason reads the output and spins the chair. “All yours, amigo!”

Magnus sits down and begins pulling up the Navigation logs.

You see the ship’s most recent log records a jump from Nutema to Aramis. No current jumps are recorded since.

As Magnus begins to backtrack, he sees a series of 20 more jumps entailing approx 294 days total originating at Walston.

Maverick
 

Lauren keys her comm to respond to Sarah. “Hi. Where are you?”

Maverick
 

[OOC: What and when was that timestamped action? That seems to be before the meet at Flamarrion.]

Maverick
 

Sarah replies back: “Oh, thank the nova! I thought this was another simulation! I’m in sick bay. Where is everyone else?”

[OOC: Since I don’t have the original logs, all I can go off is the initial date stated when you all started meeting on Flammarion, which shows as 100/1105.]

Maverick
 

OOC: From the Vargr chapter:

Satisfied that they are resting, Karlow sits down with you all in the sitting room of the suite at the hotel. “Walston’s has been the home of Vargr for over 25 years after a colony ship with about 600 vargr landed here during the Fourth Frontier War of 1082-1084 (it is 1105 today)

Maverick
 

[OOC: Oh yeah, my bad. For some reason I read that as 110/1105.]

“Mostly on the bridge. I’ll be heading there shortly. There’s coffee in the galley if you like.”

Lauren knocks on the door to the captain’s cabin, wondering just who will answer.

Maverick
 

[OOC: sorry for the gap, folks. was having major allergy issues, along with comp problems, but will be posting a bit on Sunday, and doing the intro lead-in for Conny as well.]

Maverick
 

It’s all good, Marc! Allergy issues and comp problems are a pretty bad combination!

Maverick
 

“Coffee? I’ve slept so much, even without I’ll stay awake for a while.”, Kreios answers and accompanies Lauren to the cabin.

Maverick
 

Having left the chair, jason leans towards the bridge east wall and checks the reboot function of his pad.


13 computer check over at the dice roller page

Maverick
 

[Okay, all is right with the world..got a second interview for a job tomorrow..my computer seems to be working better, my allergies are stable, and I’m listening to the new Depeche Mode album. Time to play with the PC’s..hehe ehheheheheheh]

Maverick
 

(there’s a new Depeche Mode album? Cool!)

Maverick
 

80´s coming back. Traveller and Depeche!
Good luck on the job front!

Maverick
 

(ready to jump in when our GM are ready)

Maverick
 

[OOC: Seconded. Hadn’t heard of Depeche Mode before…not bad for a vocalist-based group. Sounds like they might have helped inspire Amethystium.]

Maverick
 

[OOC: Lorennia, do a wikipedia on Depeche Mode. They have been together since the early 80’s, and many modern synth-pop/ electronia groups today either derived, or were inspired by not only DM, but many other groups that were born during that period.]

Lars
“Mostly on the bridge. I’ll be heading there shortly. There’s coffee in the galley if you like.”

Sarah acknowledges your comm: “Roger. I could use a cup, along with an explanation, if anyone has one. I’ll be in the galley shortly.”
“Lauren knocks on the door to the captain’s cabin, wondering just who will answer.”

Lauren knocks on the door to the captain’s cabin, wondering just who will answer.

Nathaniel Ravn

Again the nightmare appears, you seeing your trusted friend raise his pistol at you…your hands once more going up, as if their flesh will protect you…the white flash of the gun firing..

Then, through the pain and white hot shock of what is happening, you are pulled back from the abyss but what your brain perceives as knocking.

knocking? why am I hearing knocking?

Jason
Having left the chair, jason leans towards the bridge east wall and checks the reboot function of his pad.

[OOC: the dice roll was successful, what are you looking for in your pad’s reboot?]

Maverick
 

Jason checks for the last log entry. Something that might give a clue to what he last assignment was about. That, and a lead on how long time has past since then…

Maverick
 

Confusion in his mind. Still with the image of a gunbarrel pointing to his head. where did that knocking sound come from?

He sits up and look around to get a clue of where and what.

Maverick
 

[OOC: I know, I looked them up. Øystein Ramfjord isn’t listed, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had been.]

Lauren tries the doorknob, but finds it locked, then knocks authoritatively four more times in succession.

Maverick
 

Four heavy knocks on the door to his stateroom. Slowly he focus on his surrounding. The stateroom looks familiar but there are so many gaps in his memory. so many things that slips his mind whenever he tries to put his finger on it. A transient memory.

Nats hand reaches out and hits the control for the doorlock. a sharp klick in the silent room.

Enter he says loud.

Maverick
 

Lauren, upon hearing someone’s voice that she doesn’t know, merely nods and opens the door, swinging her pistol up and aiming right between the man’s eyes. The pistol remains perfectly steady, and Lauren talks in a calm, even conversational tone. “Sorry about the gun in your face, but I’ve found people don’t really appreciate threats without it. Who are you and how did you get on this ship?”

Maverick
 

“Lars…”, Kreios sighs, his rifle across his torso and most definitely not raised. “Still… who are you?”

Maverick
 

oh no, another gun to his head. This is just to much. And who are these people. And what are they doing on my ship. Pirates? A thousand thoughts and no answer.

I could ask you the same

But since you are the one with guns and i am unarmed, he shows his empty hands, i will have to answer i guess.

My memory are a bit in chaos but my name is Lieutenant Ravn and as far as i know this is my ship or maybe the ship i work on. There are huge gaps in my memory and your faces are nothing i remember right now. if i were an intruder i wouldn’t wait in this cabin and just let you in. Not without my gun in hand. When you knocked my first thought was that some from my crew wanted me.

with that he points his finger to the desk. I think my ID would be there or maybe in my jackpocket

Maverick
 

Lauren nods towards the desk. “Kreios, if you would?”

She then comms everyone else. “Anyone know a ‘Lieutenant Ravn’?”

Maverick
 

“Sure, Lars.”, he nods, walking towards the table, and rifling through it.
“Ravn? What do you remember?”

Maverick
 

Turning to the man named Kreios, not much, a faint memory of a visit to Aramis. Something about a gun to my head. Turning to the pistolarmed woman. all to familiar. A strange package and a message. All is a bit mixed in bits and pieces right now.

Could you answer some of my questions now? like what ship is this and who are you?

with that he lets his hand down by his sides and relaxes abit but still with an eye on the pistol aimed at him.

Maverick
 

[OOC had to fix some text editing, no experience with this type of game. No way of editing an old post. Is the only way, to do the post all over again?]

Turning to the man named Kreios, “not much, a faint memory of a visit to Aramis. Something about a gun to my head.” Turning to the pistolarmed woman. “All to familiar. A strange package and a message. All is a bit mixed in bits and pieces right now.”

“Could you answer some of my questions now? like what ship is this and who are you?”

with that he lets his hand down by his sides and relaxes abit but still with an eye on the pistol aimed at him.

Maverick
 

[OOC: Yeah, that’s the only way.]

Lauren answers first. “I’m Lauren Makaan, Special Operations. As to what ship this is, we’re a bit curious to find that out as well. We all woke up here only a little while before you did. The difference, of course, is that I’ve met everyone else on this ship except for you. You can understand why that makes me a bit jumpy.”

Maverick
 

(OOC: In the forum, you can edit your posts, though. Not here.)

Jason reads the last entry on his pad. “Nope, no Ravn in the logs either. But this might be yet another sim, right? I´ll soon have the details on where we last left off. And, welcome on board, Ltnt. I´m Jason Taverner, tech nerd at large.” Jason lets go of the comm and says to Magnus, “So, where´ve we been at?”

Maverick
 

“So you are as much in the dark as i am. that was interesting. And i appreciate your alertness. If this situation goes down the drain in a hurry i can see where a lady with your trade can come in handy. Are you two also experiencing memory loss? have you searched the whole ship? maybe there’s more people aboard. Maybe my crew?”

Nats head full of questions and a nagging feeling that not many of them will get any answers soon. Did he even have a crew? or is that only an assumption from him being in the navy for such a long time.

“Jump space or normal space?” he ask the lady

He knows that a simple check on the stateroom computer would give him the answer to that simple question but hesitates to make any move that could trigger a physical response from the armed lady and her friend

“we need to think about the safety of this ship whatever ship it is. And since we are all aboard it i wont do anything to put the ship or crew at risk. I know you wont trust me but i assure you that i am a man of honor and i give you my word that i wont cause any trouble. could you please lower that gun? "

Maverick
 

Lauren smiles. “Certainly.” The gun is quickly holstered, and she holds out her hand for a shake. “Sorry about that, but you understand this isn’t an easy situation for any of us.”

Maverick
 

“No problem my lady. this is a strange situation for all of us.”
Nat shakes her hand.
“It is my hope that our memory will clear with time but for the time being i would say that we have to do the best of the situation”
without the gun stopping him he presses the button to the intercom, “Thanks for the welcome mr Jason Taverner.”

Turning again to Lauren, “Is the ship in jumpspace or normal? how many crew are with you?. I am sorry if i sort of take command but there are some things we have to do so the ship doesn’t crash or something”

Maverick
 

“We´re getting some numbers on ETAs and recent stops. Sarah, is there someone else in sickbay? Maybe in the berths? Centrax? Fenris? Fuck, we have too many unknowns here. All, gather on the bridge ASAP. We´ve gotta make head and tails out of this space opera!” He lets the comm go and takes another sip of coffee.

Maverick
 

Jason
Jason checks for the last log entry. Something that might give a clue to what he last assignment was about. That, and a lead on how long time has past since then…

epid-logentries-
… … … … …
ISS Maverick central comp online
last log entry 234-1129

“Greetings. My associate talks too much. I will simply say thank you. You have given us invaluable research. The ship is yours. If you are curious, I would suggest you make for Aramis. the supplies on board should last you long enough to arrive at the down port, but only to Aramis.”

“If you are short handed, you should have a Lt. Ravn on board. He is a spy, placed there by my organization in order to report your crew’s activities back to us, and thwart any attempts by you to locate us.”

maverick logentry end

Maverick
 

Kreios

“Sure, Lars.”, he nods, walking towards the table, and rifling through it.
“Ravn? What do you remember?”

You find Ravn’s ID card, which shows him as a former Imperial Navy Sublieutenant.

Maverick
 

When Kreios shows Lauren the ID card, she nods.

“Shall we?” she asks, then nods towards the bridge, walking that way in a moment if no one responds.

[OOC: Is it weird that Ravn so far reminds me of Miklo Braca? I know it’s unintentional because no one else will get the reference.]

Maverick
 

“After you” Nat respondes and follows her towards the bridge, eager to get some info on the ships status.

In his mind he makes a mental note about the info gathered so far. 7 person aboard the ship, if that Jason guy was right. and if they are still aboard. The woman doesnt talk to much, doesnt give up more info than needed. Trained with guns and used to violence. A soldier or agent maybe. To much to fast. Better take one step at a time. The ship first.

Maverick
 

Jason lets go of the comm and says to Magnus, “So, where´ve we been at?”

Looking over his shoulder, Magnus replies, “Just accessing the jump logs now, Jason.” Pausing, “We have a stranger on board? I don’t like strangers.” Cracking his knuckles, Magnus turns his attention back to the Nav console, a smile briefly crossing his face.

Maverick
 

[OOC, Ravn should be noted as O3 Lieutenant on his ID card, not Sublieutenant.]

Maverick
 

[OOC: Unless, of course, your psychology is being messed with as much as ours…]

Maverick
 

[OOC: haha that i didnt think of. ]

Maverick
 

[OOC: Nice Farscape reference, Lars..]

Maverick
 

Lauren reaches the bridge, and says without preamble, “All right guys, what have we got?”

Maverick
 

“Just checking the Nav Logs now, Lars.” replies Magnus.

Maverick
 

Magnus

-satrelay command
-navlog request
working….. … …
-navigation jump plots
Walston-Noctocol
Noctocol-Elixabeth
Elixabeth-Grote
Grote-Smoug
Smoug-Wardn
Wardn-Tenalphi
Tenalphi-Adabicci
Adabicci-Derchon
Derchon-Carse
Carse-Gandr
Gandr-Mercury
Mercury-Catuz
Catuz-Moran
Moran-Forise
Forise-Somem
Somem-Vanejen
Vanejen-Heroni
Heroni-Belizo
Belizo-Huderu
Huderu-Nutema
Nutema-Aramis

navplot end

Maverick
 

wow, this is the smallest bridge he ever been on in a jumpcapable ship. Used to the spacious bridge on his latest command the 600 ton corvette.

“Attention on the bridge, we need some vitals. Lifesupport, powerplant and fuelstatus. and are we dead in space or moving?”

Nat used to command a ship has his instinct kicking in.

Maverick
 

[OOC wow that is one hell of a route that ship has taken. ]

Maverick
 

[OOC, I was thinking the same thing, a very well traveled ship]

Maverick
 

Lauren gives Nat a look that would make a dead grizzly flinch, but doesn’t say anything for a long moment. Then, “Any information on who was running her?”

Maverick
 

Nat smiles a little. this isn’t the first time he has stepped on someones toes.

“well miss, a guess with the info we have is that I was the captain for some reason. I woke up in the captains cabin….. but i can be wrong, but do you really think that’s important now. We need to make sure that there’s no danger at the moment”
Turning to Jason, “well Jason, what´s the verdict on this ship”

Maverick
 

Lauren gives Nat a sardonic smile and just gives him an aside: “I’ll explain later.” as she waits to hear Jason’s response.

Maverick
 

(OOC: Back from the cabin. No snow there and the sea was as in summer. Albeit a bit brisk…)

Looking up from the pad he squints at Lars and the Lt. “It would seem that she´s made that route during a significant time period ie 25 years. In that light it´s no major log. I have to assume there has been some stops for maintenance and upgrades during the time frame?” He checks with Magnus. “From my log we´ve been handed the papers of the ship and it´s ours now. We by the definition of Sarah, Magnus, Lauren, Kreios and myself. Our overseers from some organization has planted an observer here. That is you Nat… They even refer to you as a spy. Should we be in need of some help that is… I can help you with one bit of memory. The log stated that you should report back to your supervisors if we, the crew of Maverick were to try to located the overseers. As long as we leave that bit unknown – we´ll be alright. And you´ll have no reason to spy on us.” “This all make for a bad beginning, trustwise.” He extends his hand, nevertheless. “We could use the extra hand, Nat. But with no kind of captain´s authority behind it. At best you´d be employed as a share holder in N.E.W (New Era Works).” He looks around the team. “We got instructions to land at Aramis.”

Maverick
 

“there must be something wrong with many things in that argument. Do you think this ship only made 21 jumps in 25 years. we must have stayed an average of one year at every destination. And who in his right mind would appoint a spy on a ship and then tell those he will spy on that he has that job? And me as a spy?? i am not used to that line of work. I am a officer in the navy. I command ships.”
Nat sits down on the floor by the wall. overtaken by all this. The only light in all this was that maybe his fathers dead and the title was his now. But that was a small thing when in this situation.

Maverick
 

“Well, we might have stayed somewhere for a longer time. And the ship had been out of commission for quite some time before we got her working. And this is all from the last log on my pad. We should get a secondary verification as to the whereabouts of the ship. The log can have been tampered with. Still, the offer to join us stands.” He re-checks his pad. “According to this… you are supposed to report back to the ‘organization’ about our affairs. Do you have any standing orders?” To Kreios and Lars he adds. “What did you find in the cap´s quarters?” Waiting for Sarah to accompany them, Jason says, “We should do a full body scan on our newcomer to see if he´s rigged with some surveillance tech. He might be a spy by proxy. Without knowing it he could be transmitting or recording our activities.”

Maverick
 

“As first priority, though, we should check the cargo and back track to the initial cargo from when we found the ship. And where we found the ship. The organizations we have to follow up with are Borderline Shipping LIC and The Imperial Scout Service. Either of those has to have some intel on our missions. Right Lars?”
He taps on his pad to back track 25 years in the logs.
To the inception date of the Maverick. That information should be as important as the last entry.

Maverick
 

Quietly, Lauren walks over to Nat and places a hand on his shoulder, then responds to Jason. “Not much, really. A few of his things saying he is who he claims to be, but we didn’t spot a computer yet.” She shrugs. “We didn’t have much time to look.”

To his next question, she nods. “Right. You should also probe into Borderline Shipping and see if you can’t find their inception documents. See where their money came from. I have a feeling there’s something they aren’t telling us. I’ll work my Scout contacts, see what I can find.” She looks into the distance and says quietly. “Should probably let Emily know I’m still kicking too.” She gives herself a small mental shake and turns back to everyone else. “Does anyone actually remember stopping at any of these ports?”

Maverick
 

Jason looks at Nat and asks, “What´s your last memory Lt? What year? And where was that?” “My last vision was from Walston in 1105. That was when things got glitched. Like some AI-dream fluctuations.”

Maverick
 

“We could still be at Walston and it´s currently 1105. If we shut down the power to reboot the Maverick we might be able to see if the ship is playing a trick with us? We land and pick her apart and see what gives. We could call it a serious maintenance run.”

Maverick
 

“My memory is from 110-1105. Leedor city Aramis. Our present destination oddly enough. TAS house, i got a message, i think it was from the baron Oberlindes. A meeting. It was something about a diplomatic mission gone wrong. something about the diplomat i was assigned to as a naval aide. I remember that it had something to do with the imperial ministry of information. All is such a blur.”

Slowly shaking his head. “What a mess”

“I dont remember anything related to the spy thing. i dont remember any standing orders and wouldnt know how to contact anybody if you did something that i should report. not that i even know what that would be.” Nat puts his head in his hand and sigh

Maverick
 

GM
Two things: first off, Conny, expect some more posts today..as for everyone else, I am really enjoying the interaction, especially yours, Conny..it is giving a lot of good stuff to work with!

Lastly: I got that job I was talking about!! Hence the past few days testing, submitting paperwork and the like..lol

Maverick
 

[OOC, congrats to the job, that is great.]

Maverick
 

Jason pulls up the contract file from Borderline.

12. On a quarterly basis, New Era Works shall present Maverick to a Borderline location (over 25 locations in Sword Worlds and 268 District subsectors) for a quarterly maintenance review. During that review, New Era Works shall present the work orders and maintenance logs evidencing the monthly maintenance activities of New Era Works. If, as determined by Borderline, the maintenance activities of New Era Works have been reasonable, Borderline will pay for any parts or maintenance activities required, as determined by Borderline.
13. Any damage as a result of space combat, shall be the responsibility of the New Era Works.
14. New Era Works may make improvements to Maverick without prior approval, however, any such permanent improvements become the property of Borderline.
15. The agreement lasts for one year and can be renewed by Borderline. New Era Works, should they desire to continue the relationship, can request an extension, but the granting of the request shall be the sole decision of Borderline.

“If we have been working for Borderline, there should be traceable credits.” Jason sends a message to Aramis, Leedor, space control.

Request of New Era Works associations with Borderline Shipping LIC for the past two years.
Company statements for New Era Works and personnel files and bank statements.
Sent from FreeTrader: Maverick / Jason Taverner / pending response / active channel

Maverick
 

[OOC Lots of dialogue to sift through..will get on that shortly, along with replying to your GM notes, Syrinx..]

Maverick
 

“if you dont mind i will return to my stateroom and try and see what clues i can find from my personal belongings. I would have a pistol there and if you dont trust me you could maybe place that in the ships locker for now. I dont mind. Im not really a gun person”

Nat returns to the captains stateroom.

Maverick
 

Lauren looks at everyone else and shrugs.

Maverick
 

[OOC: Apologize for the vanishing act..recall that great new job I was describing? turns out my company does work with the Department of Defense, soooo..I’ve been having “visitors” the past 10 days asking LOTS of questions..lol]

[OOC: The good news..I have passed a Federal Background check..awesome! So, from this coming weekend through Friday the 19th, I will be in Nashville TN training, then formally start my job that following Monday, so I should be back on regular posting mode, but I will put up posts today! pinky swear!]

Maverick
 

(OOC, that’s great Marc! Don’t worry about us, we’re a pretty patient bunch here at N.E.W. ;)

After Nat has left the bridge, Magnus turns to the others and says, “I don’t trust him.”

Maverick
 

“No, it feels odd to have a stowaway on board.” Jason replies. “Maybe we should babysit him through the trip to the surface. Spy and all that…” He looks around the small bridge.

Maverick
 

In the captains cabin Nat casually enters the code to the strongbox and takes out his money. With his mind full of questions and only a few answers.

A few flashes of memories from the past, could this mission from so many years ago in some way lost them all those years? In some way he has to work together with this crew. just to get some answers.

Nat packs his few things in a bag. His Navy issue gauss pistol in its holster with the belt twisted around it. Holding it triggers his memories, the few times he fired it against something living. The moment when he stared down a gunbarrel.
with all his few possessions he returns slowly to the bridge. He can feel the eyes on him when he once again enters the bridge. He drops his bag on the floor. holds out his hand with the holstered pistol towards Lauren. “This is my only weapon, you can lock it somewhere safe. I would appreciate if you didn’t loose it. It was a present from my father.”

Maverick
 

I.S.S. Maverick

Jason
Waiting for Sarah to accompany them, Jason says, “We should do a full body scan on our newcomer to see if he´s rigged with some surveillance tech. He might be a spy by proxy. Without knowing it he could be transmitting or recording our activities.”

Sarah

Sarah arrives onto the bridge. “Well, if there’s any good news, at least all of us..except for Centrex and Fenris made it onboard. The sick-bay is well stocked, so medical issues won’t be a problem.”

Listening to Jason’s request, Sarah responds: “Well, doing a basic body scan shouldn’t be a problem, however, the tech level of the people we are dealing with could be.” “If this organization you’ve spoken of has deep pockets,like you mentioned, his entire body could be a listening or recording post, and we’ve never be the wiser.”

“But if he does not have any issues with it (Sarah gestures to Ravn), then please accompany me to sick bay.”

Maverick
 

I.S.S. Maverick, Aramis System

Jason
“As first priority, though, we should check the cargo and back track to the initial cargo from when we found the ship. And where we found the ship. The organizations we have to follow up with are Borderline Shipping LIC and The Imperial Scout Service. Either of those has to have some intel on our missions. Right Lars?”
He taps on his pad to back track 25 years in the logs.
To the inception date of the Maverick. That information should be as important as the last entry.

satrelay command
-command request
-cargo loadout
working….. … …
-captain password -
———
?

Maverick
 

-satrelay command
-command request
-operation date
working… … …
system online operational date 145-1099

Maverick
 

Lauren nods as she takes the pistol from Nat. She says solemnly, “I will treat it as if it were my own.”

Responding to Jason, she says, “I certainly hope so. I have a feeling no one’s heard from us in a while, though. Abduction is one thing, memory loss is another, and impersonating someone is something else entirely. It’ll be easy enough to find out, though. Depends on what mail I’ve got waiting for me at the Scout desk.”

Maverick
 

“well Sarah, shall we?” gestures towards the door. “My name is Lieutenant Nathaniel Ravn by the way, ex navy and a Baron by birth”

Maverick
 

After Nat leaves the bridge this time, Lauren turns to Magnus. “I have a good feeling about him. Not that we should trust him, but that we should be able to down the line.”

“Jason, by the way, when you’ve got a moment I need you to see what you can find on my pistol. I think it’s been wiped.”

Maverick
 

“I´ll have a look at it.” He stretches a hand out to take a look at the gun.
“The ship got out of the yard in 1099, six years before we found it. Or lost or memories, I mean.”
He checks for the cargo information.

Maverick
 

Lauren hands it over. “Or when we were caught by the Iezu and shoved into that virtual reality matrix.” When he gives her a weird look, she explains. “It’s a fitting name, I think.”

Maverick
 

[OOC: Okay, back from Nashville for training! So now I can dive fully into the game, however, I’ll be working a standard M-F 8 hour day, so expect my posts to come in the evening..]

Maverick
 

[OOC: thats ok, as long as post come in i am happy. Waiting for Ravns full bodyscan ;) sounds a bit scary]

Maverick
 

[OOC: Seconded…]

Maverick
 

[OOC: good, good..going to bed now. will post tomorrow. was inspired by something I viewed over the weekend.]

Maverick
 

(OOC: Oblivion?!)

Maverick
 

[OOC: the days are long on Aramis, ;)]

Maverick
 

[OOC: As long as there’s no tidal lock involved…] :D

Maverick
 

112 Entries..time to move forward…

Maverick
Syrinx

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.