Free Trader: Maverick

System Inbound

The questions the crew have slowly begin to fall into place..or do they?

As the crew looks over the records, they see that the Maverick, following her initial route into the system, had been plying back and forth along the two adjoining sectors for what seems like the past 20+ years, with interspersed maintenance over that period.

Further digging does turn up crew logs. It seems like there have been 4 crews, averaging about 1 crew every 5 years. It also shows that the ship looks like it is owned by a blind trust, based in Regina sector, and the crew has broad discretion in selecting cargoes, destinations and charters, provided only that basic financial and contract obligations were met.

As the crew brews coffee and discusses the beginning finds, Ravn begins to slowly come to a realization. As he looks back to his conversations, he remembers that once he was shuttled to Maverick, he was told that he would be put under, similar to the rest of the crew, but only for “a few weeks at best”, in order for them to calibrate the system used to create the simulations.

He know understands that he has been in a waking dream for the past 24 years.

Jason and Magnus locate the Maverick’s position, as more systems come on line. She is currently in Aramis system, in a wide parabolic orbit out near the last planet in the system. He orbit takes her near, and in some cases into an asteroid field, which nav states she will be entering withing the next hour.

Also, the onboard computer corrects the current date and time, now that it can take bearings from a system beacon.

The current date is 361-1129. At 1G, you should reach Aramis in 4 days, 22 hours. At 2 G, you will reach her in 3 days, 11 hours. Your current stores on ship will exhaust in 5 days.

Comments

Lauren has been holding her head in her hand for quite some time now, as the reports continue to stream in from the Maverick’s systems. Finally she looks up. “At this point, I think the only relevant question is how to end this goddamn simulation.”

System Inbound
 

“i think we just ended it, we have been under a simulation for 24 years but now we woke up.”

Not so much logic, mostly hope in that thought.

System Inbound
 

Lauren sighs. “I wish. But at this point I can’t imagine our Iezu buddies would have picked the rest of us up before we all met the first time. I mean, what if one of us had just walked away from the table? We weren’t exactly forced into working together. Now we find out here that there’s been four crews on this ship, the owners aren’t who we were told they were,” Lauren looks meaningfully at the others as she says this (as if to say “don’t say who they are”), “and the contract we signed apparently has no meaning whatsoever?” She gives a short laugh. “On the bright side, that means they can’t read our minds, or at least not very well. They can probably hear every word we speak and see every word we write, though. And change anything they like without us even noticing.”

System Inbound
 

“well if this is another sim theres not much we can do about it. we can play it out for now. Can we not just ignore the fact that it may be a sim and just try and do the best of this situation. If its a sim then be it but if not, then we have done our best.”

Ravn looks around at the others, he knows that he is the unknown card in this mix

“Until we know more we cant do so much can we?”

“And theres a asteroidbelt coming our way and if its not a sim i would want to avoid hitting a rock within an hour or so.”

System Inbound
 

“Agreed, Ravn.” Says Magnus over his shoulder from the Astrogation console. “I’m checking the sensor data and working on a course now.”

Turning to the others he asks, “If you’ll alot me a little more maneuvering fuel for the course calculations I can lessen the risks considerably.”

(OOC, Magnus may not be quite the Gambler he thinks he is, but he’s damn good at Astrogation [level 4] and very competent on Sensors [level 2])

System Inbound
 

Sitting with Lars´ gun hooked up to his tap board, Jason reflects on the last couple of statements.

This means we´ll be under till next year and flee from the lab. So, basically we´ll be safe till then. In theory…

Out loud he says, “I´ll soon get a read on any tampering with your steel, here.”
To the others he says, “Let´s hope we dodge them rocks. Really, I have no idea what´s what right now. To actually shoot someone and see what the computer makes of it could be one way…?”

He smirks at them. “Just saying, if it´s a sim, we should reboot as our minds are all connected in the low berths.” He points Lars´ gun at the crew members still on the bridge.

He stares at his free hand and stretches his fingers, scrutinizing them as if they are lying to him. Are they real?

The tap board bleeps and he snaps out of it.

“That´s the report on your gun!”

System Inbound
 

Lauren doesn’t even react when Jason points her gun at people, even if it’s at her.

System Inbound
 

Ravn moves out of the way of the pistol. not very comfortable with weapons pointing at him.

System Inbound
 

Lars gun chirps up: "Ah, relaxing! nothing like quality time spent with a sentient being as “intelligent” as oneself."

“Now, I believe the query was whether or not I had been tampered with. The answer to that is yes. But, not in the classic barbaric hacker sense.”

“My data was accessed, but never adjusted. In fact, most of the intrusion came from performing maintenance upon me.”

“Also, lest I forget,there was an encrypted message placed into a subroutine, that went live once “sleeping beauty” came online. I have transferred it to the ship’s A.I. to attempt to decode."

System Inbound
 

“‘Sleeping beauty’?” Lauren asks.

System Inbound
 

Magnus, overhearing the exchange, just chuckles softly, then resumes plotting a safe course through the asteroid belt.

System Inbound
 

Ravn shrugs, feeling a slight discomfort over a gun that talks. He has seen it before but this one seems different.

System Inbound
 

Sarah comms to the bridge: “Mr. Ravn, if you’d be so kind as to join me in sick bay for your physical?”

There seems to be a slight edge to Sarah’s tone.

System Inbound
 

Magnus, please make a Nav and a Piloting roll.

System Inbound
 

Magnus, also make a sensors roll. [All of these are dependent on who is at what station on the bridge, if you are at a station that would preclude making the roll, then please do so]

To summarize, I need a sensors roll, a Astrogation roll, and a piloting Roll.

System Inbound
 

Lauren nods towards the door. “Better go, leftenant. You won’t like her when she’s angry. She might not stitch you up when you get shot at.”

System Inbound
 

(OOC Magnus can Pilot smallcraft, like shuttles, but has no skill with Starships. In Mongoose his skill is Pilot[smallcraft] 1. In Classic Traveller it would be Pilot [Ship’s Boat] 1. Either way he’s not rated for this tonnage. Astrogation and Sensors, in support of a qualified pilot, he can do….)

Astrogation roll, using ObsPort roller,

Roll: 2d6
11 = 5[d6]+6[d6] + 4 skill + 1 Edu = 16 Astro

Sensors roll, using ObsPort roller,

Roll: 2d6
9 = 4[d6]+5[d6] + 2 skill + 1 Edu = 12 Sensors

So, whoever is piloting has a very good Sensor record and a crystal clear course, lol.

System Inbound
 

(OOC assuming no one has the appropriate skill, Magnus can try a default roll using Pilot [Smallcraft] 1. Some GMs give a default on the related skill to level 0, some give a modified default [adding the + 1 related skill to the minus 3 default penalty to give a minus 2 net, for instance], and still others would give him a full minus 3! Your call if no one else can fly the bird, he’ll give it a shot.)

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Lauren has Pilot (spacecraft) 0, but I believe Kreios has a 2 or 3.]

System Inbound
 

Ravn heads to sickbay with some haste. “On my way miss”

System Inbound
 

After Ravn leaves, Lauren continues thinking for a moment. “You know, there might be a way to find out if this is a simulation.”

System Inbound
 

(OOC would sure like to hear how]

System Inbound
 

(OOC me too)

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Me Too!]

System Inbound
 

Well, my google acct that I had you all send your die rolls to, won’t let me log on, so for arguments sakes we will say the rolls were successful.

We’ll put Kreios in the pilots seat for now, Magnus can Nav, which he does well, allowing the Maverick to navigate the asteroid field into clear space.

In the sick bay, Sarah runs Ravn through an extensive battery of exams and tests, taking a bit of time, all the while, she is professionally cordial towards him, but Ravn can sense she’s bothered by something.

“Well, Mr. Ravn. If there’s something either on or in you to track our movements, I can’t see it. Although I do have some good, if one wishes to call it that news. So, we should head back to the galley to discuss it.”

Sarah comms the bridge: “Hodges here. Mr. Ravn passed his physical. No internal sensors or listening, tracking, or recording devices are on him, but I did find something interesting. When you can, meet us in the galley.”

System Inbound
 

[OOC: lars, do me a favor and run probability tests on this site, if you please? I’m thinking about going to it for dice rolls.]
[http://dice.evildm.net]

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Well, if someone wants to hear Lars’ suggestion, they only have to ask. But not someone who wasn’t there for it.]

Lauren shrugs. “We can discuss that later. Let’s keep it between us for now, though.” She stands up. “Shall we?” After waiting a moment for assent, she heads to the galley.

System Inbound
 

Ravn heads for the galley.

System Inbound
 

Jason and Lauren is having a hushed conversation.

System Inbound
 

“Hodges, I´m coming over to you. I need to run a test too.” Jason nods at Lars and leaves the bridge.

System Inbound
 

Lauren nods back. “Very true.” Lauren continues towards the galley.

System Inbound
 

The crew moves towards the Galley, with Kreios placing the ship on auto pilot, with a course heading to Aramis space.
Once in the Galley, Sarah brushes a lock of hair out of her face and speaks:
“Well, as per request, I ran a full scan on Leftenant Ravn. I did not find any recording, listening, or viewing devices on him, that’s the good news. The interesting news is, in any cryogenic long term sleep, there tends to be some cell deterioration, slight, but there is some, even in the more modern tubes.”
“While I was poking around Mr. Ravn, I decided to test my theory. Well, the cell results on Ravn ar…”

The computer chimes in..“Attention, Attention. This vessel is being hailed. Repeat, this vessel is being hailed. Initial IFF registers Imperium coding.”

System Inbound
 

[OOC: also, the new address to send your die rolls is: freetradermaverick@gmail.com]

System Inbound
 

“I’ll take care of it. Get me up to speed later.” Lauren sprints back to the bridge to answer the hail (unless that can be done from the galley, depends on the ship I think.)

When she reaches the bridge, she’ll answer the hail.

System Inbound
 

Ravn smiles a little. Probably no need to hurry. Standard protocol to hail vessels bound for the port. Being a comercial vessel they wont expect answer directly. Within an hour more likely. Especially if the hail is from the port. From a SDB or patrol cruiser would probably need an answer within some minutes.

“you where saying miss?”

System Inbound
 

I.S.S. Maverick: Bridge
Lars
Upon reaching the bridge, Lars answers the hail (Lars, are you answering the hail per standard Imperial protocol? or are you holding back any info?)

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Galley
Lt. Ravn
“You were saying, Miss?”

Sarah looks back at the crew and continues: “Well, it’s nothing major, but the cell deterioration on Lt. ravn is consistent with someone who has been in long term deep sleep. So it is reasonably feasible that the Lt. has been under as long as we have.”

“I would have to take cell samples of all of us to compare, using Lt. Ravn’s as the control, but it would at least answer the question as to whether we are still in a simulation or not.”

Sarah pauses.

“Possibly.”

System Inbound
 

Leaning in on Hodges, Jason shares his idea of doing a flat-line experiment with the cryo-tank. “What do you say, do you have the skill to bring me back, should need arise?”

System Inbound
 

Um…what is the standard Imperial protocol?

System Inbound
 

(OOC. answering with some of the info from our transponder, Name of ship, weight, class. then adding number of souls aboard, where we come from and what destination maybe. Just guessing here)

System Inbound
 

Sarah smiles warmly at Jason, leans in closely to him….
“Are you insane?!”
“Look..I get what you’re trying to accomplish, but you have to look at this from my end. If I was in a top notch facility, with a good supply of equipment and a top notch surgeon on hand..maybe..”
“But we’re on a freighter..in deep space..I’ve looked in sick bay, and while it’s appointed..it’s meatball surgery..I patch you up, most injuries I can take care of, but I’d rather not risk losing any more crew.”
She then takes a deep breath..“But if you think this is worth the risk, then I’m willing to try, although..” another sigh.. “I wish Centrax was here.”

System Inbound
 

“Knew I liked you, Jason. A risky bet like that takes balls the size of…” laughs Magnus, spreading his hands that wide. Catching himself, he blushes and looks at Sarah, “Well, er, I mean it’s foolhardy but it took bravery to consider it. Uh, pardon my language…well, I better get back to the Sensors, we’re still at risk of space debris. Or whatever.”

And he trots off to join Lars on the bridge.

System Inbound
 

(OOC Conny’s suggestion as to standard Imperial Protocol seems relatively complete. Maybe they’d also ask Cargo Type?)

System Inbound
 

(OOC, do we know whats in the cargobay?)

System Inbound
 

(OOC, that would seem to be potentially important information…)

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Wouldn’t it, though?]

System Inbound
 

(OOC: i take it that we dont know whats in the cargobay)

Realizing that the ship could carry illegal cargo Ravn turns around suddenly towards the bridge.
HALT, dont answer that hail just now. They would want to know the cargostatus and for all we know it could be all kinds of illegal contraband. We must know what we are carrying first”

System Inbound
 

“Got it.”

Really, Lauren wants to know who’s doing the hailing, for starters.

System Inbound
 

If he is able, Magnus will access the ship’s cargo logs to check on the data. Failing that, he’ll head down to the hold to do a manual check, comming Lars with the results.

System Inbound
 

Magnus is able to access the ship’s cargo logs. I will give you the manifest when I get home today.

Also, yes, noone has gone down to the cargo bay and examined what is in the hold.

[OOC: My post to Lars as to who is hailing didn’t post, so here it is;]

“Attention unknown vessel, this is Aramis defense vessel Atala. You are outside approach flight corridors for inbound shipping and running with no IIF active.”

“Activate IFF and identify yourselves, over.”

System Inbound
 

Lauren reaches over and activates the IFF, then replies to the hail. “Sorry about that, Atala. This is the Far Trader Maverick.”

She mutes her microphone and looks at Magnus. “Could we make the flight corridors with our supplies as they are?”

System Inbound
 

Ravn enters the bridge once again.

System Inbound
 

(OOC to Marc, do we have enough fuel and supplies to follow the correct course inbound?)

Looking over his shoulder at Lars, Magnus replies, “Checking now.”

System Inbound
 

aimed at none special ravn says, “whos hailing us”

System Inbound
 

(OOC to Marc, do we have enough fuel and supplies to follow the correct course inbound?)
Yes, even with a course burn, you have enough fuel and supplies to get you to Aramis, by your base projections you will have about a day’s worth of food, and water.

System Inbound
 

Lars
Lauren reaches over and activates the IFF, then replies to the hail. “Sorry about that, Atala. This is the Far Trader Maverick.”

Almost immediately the hail comes back: “Maverick?? well, looks like I owe my department chief a few drinks. We thought you had touched the star!” (“chrome” for died)
“umm..give me a 5 sec burn to starboard to put you on course 152, then hold that course while we vector in for inspections, roger.”

System Inbound
 

Lauren un-mutes her mike. “Roger that,” with a wave to Kreios to handle the course adjustments on his own time. “I’ll put you on with our pilot and meet you at the hatch.”

Lauren gives Kreios the communications and heads off to change out of her HEV suit. (She keeps her gun on her, though, hidden in the small of her back underneath her shirt.) After that, she heads to the airlock to greet the inspection team. By the time she’s done changing, she comms Magnus. “Any word on the manifest?”

System Inbound
 

Magnus

-Query
-Cargo manifest
working….
Cargo Manifest
10 tons Organic Chemicals
8 tons Rubber
8 tons Natural Gas
12 tons Grain
5 tons Branded Tools (name brand tools)
12 tons Bulk Particulates
5 tons Biochemicals
40 tons holo companions
20 tons unknown
40 tons unknown
15 tons unknown
5 tons unknown
20 tons Machine Parts
=end

System Inbound
 

(OOC: 200 tons cargo? i thought the cargobay could handle 64 tons on this ship. i can be soo wrong)

System Inbound
 

“Hey Lars, cargo data coming in now. I’m transferring it to your datapad. Looks like we’ve got 80 tons of ‘unknown’ cargo though.” says Magnus.

System Inbound
 

Lauren sighs. “Lovely. Nothing we can do about it now, though. I guess we’ll find out what it is soon enough.”

System Inbound
 

“just the fact that we have unknown in the cargomanifest is a lawbreaker. we can get arrested for that” Ravn storms down to the cargobay to see if he can find out whats in the cargohold. not that he will make it in time for the arrival of the Atala.

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Let me check the ship stats, and adjust the manifest]

System Inbound
 

“Clearly our Iezu friends want us either to get arrested, or talk our way out. I’ll work on the second option.” Lauren arrives at the airlock, smooths her dress clothes down, and assumes an “at ease” stance, waiting for the Atala to finish docking. “Sarah, can you get some nice food going? It couldn’t hurt our chances.”

System Inbound
 

[OOC:Actually, based on the supplement 2 Gunboats, the base Type A3 takes 48dtons cargo, some of the modifications to Maverick reduces that to 36 dtons., So I will find time to adjust the total cargo.]

Maverick: Bridge

The Atala begins her vector in, matching Maverick’s speed, but suddenly breaks off her approach.
“Maverick, this is Atala. Sorry, fellas. We just got a tight beam comm that says you all are free to vector into orbit with the highport, best possible speed. So stay on this course, and a pilot and representative from Mir steel will be out to meet you in the inner system.”

“Hopefully you all can stick around for a few days, I’m sure the port crew would love to hear how you all cheated death..again.”

“Anyway, see you soon, clear skies! Atala, out.”

System Inbound
 

Entering the cargohold with some speed Ravn will try and find the crates that are unknown in the manifest.

System Inbound
 

Lauren responds. “Thanks, guys. Good hunting.”

System Inbound
 

Reconsidering when he hears Sarah´s reply and the hailing over the radio, Jason shrugs. “Guess it´s a bad idea, in case I´m wrong.” He raises an eyebrow at Sarah. “To the bridge?”

When he walks back to Magnus at the helm, he says. “We could raise the point that the cargo is confidential and blue-taped? Diplomatic crates… I can draw up the papers to go with it. I´ll base it on our last port of call.”

System Inbound
 

Ravn cycles the Iris valve, and climbs down a series of ladders to arrive into the front of the cargo hold. From his data pad he sees Magnus query to the Maverick’s computer as to their manifest which shows:
Cargo Manifest
2 tons Organic Chemicals
1 tons Rubber
3 tons Natural Gas
4 tons Grain
1 tons Branded Tools (name brand tools)
2 tons Bulk Particulates
1 tons Biochemicals
3 tons holo companions
4 tons unknown
4 tons unknown
2 tons unknown
2 tons unknown
7 tons Machine Parts

The cargo hold is full. from first glance, you can see various containers in standard sizes stacked and strapped neatly in the center of the hold, radiating outward. For the most part, it seems like the containers were logged in correctly with manifest data and location within the hold, so you are able to locate all cargo.

Near the cargo ramp you see the 4 containers marked and logged as unknown by the crew and the ship’s computer. The containers are not marked except with this symbols and coding:
Container 1: coding MMX-1VR-MIR (4 tons)
Container 2: coding FGG-113_RT (4 tons) this container has bio hazards symbols marked visibly all along it’s surface, and is refrigerated, with its own power supply.
Container 3: no coding (2 tons), just a smiley face on the front of the container.
Container 4: coding VNH-8YH-MIR (2 tons) standard container, but sealed with diplomatic tape and locks.
And, a small case, about the size of a case roadies would use to store mic stands in, that was not on the manifest.

System Inbound
 

On com, “bridge, this is Ravn. The unknown cargo is as follows. 1 4 tons marked MMX-1VR-MIR. 1 4 tons marked FGG-113_RT with biohazard markings and refrigeration. 1 2 tons without code but a smiling face pictogram. and finaly 1 2 tons marked VNH-8YH-MIR with diplomatic seals and locks.”
Ravn tries to open the small case, checking for locks or seals first.

System Inbound
 

The first thing you notice: the case is heavy. As you maneuver it to the floor, you see that it is pressurized, and it looks as if there are both fingerprint and optical safeguards, but as your hand closes around the handle to guide it down, you hear a “identification match.” the locks snap open and you are barely able to get the case to the ground before the top springs open amidst a hissing sound, and a cloud of cold fog.

Once the fog clears, and you look down into the case, you see..

System Inbound
 

Ravn backs away, “what the…. is that? A canine in a box??”

are there a nametag or some id on it or in the box? Ravn checks the dog and box carefully

System Inbound
 

You and the dog both examine each other. You see a tag on the dog’s collar that says in small type “D1-V1N-CH3”.
The dog yips at you, friendly-like.

System Inbound
 

“hi my little furry friend” ravn examines the dogtag, “you i will call Leonardo, or maybe Leo for short.”

Petting the dog ravn checks the box for any paperwork or anything giving a clue of where its from and what it does aboard this ship.

System Inbound
 

The first thing you notice is the container..underneath Leo’s bedding the container is rather sophisticated. smaller flat panel screens monitored his health, while a container in the lid supplied him with some type of milky fluid.

Digging a bit more, you find….a data chit!
Leonardo barks, then scampers over to one of the containers.

System Inbound
 
with the chip in hand Ravn follows Leonardo towards the container. (is it one of the cargocontainers or do you talk about the container he was in)

“what are you trying to tell me little friend”
Ravn puts the datachip into his computer to see whats on it.

System Inbound
 

[OOC: The description in 6/4/13 15:55 is describing the container Leonardo was in.]
Also, while searching Leonardo’s “bed”, you find a VR headset. Plugging in the data chit, a voice message comes up:

“Hello, Mr. Ravn. By now you would have, hopefully awakened, and are taking assessment of both the ship, and your crewmates. Consider ‘DaVinci’ a gift to the ship for all you have been put through.”
“Please assure the crew that they are no longer in a simulation, but are very much in the real world, and that any remaining living next of kin were notified, if possible at the beginning of our experiment.”

System Inbound
 

I.S.S. Maverick: Bridge

On the long range scanner, at extreme range, there is a target. Current course and speed places it on an intercept course with the Maverick. It’s IFF shows it as a freighter belonging to Mir Steel L.L.C.

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold
While Ravn is listening to the recording, Leo sniffs around the container with the smiley face, growling low in his throat, and scratching at the lock and seals.

System Inbound
 

Lauren gets on the comm. “Anyone have any turret experience? We’ve got a low-threat potential hostile on approach.” Then she speaks to Magnus. “Any of the cargoes heading for Mir Steel, or are they meeting us for some other reason?”

System Inbound
 

“bridge, The cargo are full of surprises. We now have another crewmember. The canine “leonardo” and i got another message from a datachip in the cargo. It reads, Hello, Mr. Ravn. By now you would have, hopefully awakened, and are taking assessment of both the ship, and your crewmates. Consider ‘DaVinci’ a gift to the ship for all you have been put through.”
“Please assure the crew that they are no longer in a simulation, but are very much in the real world, and that any remaining living next of kin were notified, if possible at the beginning of our experiment. regarding the turrets i have some skill but not that good at it."

The way Leo acts Ravn kind of wished he had his pistol on him before he opens that strange cargocontainer.
Ravn inspects the smileycontainer. checking locks and seals

System Inbound
 

Lauren gets back on the comm. “Jason, can you give Ravn some backup? We really don’t know what’s in those containers he’s opening.”

System Inbound
 

Magnus keys his comm, “Cross referencing all computer logs for Mir Steel now.”

System Inbound
 

Keying his comm again, Magnus adds, “I’m trained on a turret, Lars, but I’m just an average shot.”

System Inbound
 

“bridge, i will not open any of the big containers before i get some backup. There could be just anything in them. But i do feel a need to open the strange unknown containers so some help down here would be nice”

System Inbound
 

Lars recalls her conversation with the crew of the Atala. There was mention of a representative from Mir Steel coming out to meet the ship.

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold
Ravn and “Leonardo”
Leonardo has begun to move to some of the other containers, but often looks back at Ravn. It almost looks like he’s checking to see what you’re doing.

System Inbound
 

[OOC: I know, but thanks anyway. She’s just professionally paranoid.]

Lauren laughs at Magnus. “I’m right behind you, you know. Kreios, can you make sure we’ve got an orthogonal course ready in case they are hostile? When you’re done, Magnus, can you check and make sure they’re actually coming from the planet too? Could be a bit of a warning sign.”

System Inbound
 

Magnus turns his head to look back at Lars, “Sorry, I just thought the comms were very high quality.” he laughs, then continues, “Plotting evasive vectors now. I’ll backfill their course in a moment.”

(OOC, for some reason I thought Lars was aways away from the bridge, lol ;)

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Apparently it’s my fault for not pointing it out, actually. But yeah, she went back to the bridge after the Atala peeled off.]

System Inbound
 

Ravn looks at the dog, “hi Leo, search. Can you go and seek out the cargobay. Can you find any living down here?”
Ravn tries to find out what the smileycontainer are, is there any labels on? any cargomanifest or a destination on it?

System Inbound
 

Jason dashes down to Ravn to partake in the opening of the cargo. He´s drawn his handgun and nods, “Ready…”

System Inbound
 

“thanks Jason, Since there was a living thing in the small one i didnt want to take any risks.”
nods to the dog scurrying around.

Ravn concentrates on the lock on the smileycontainer, trying to open it and making sure that if he gets it open he wont stand in the line of fire from Jason.

System Inbound
 

“I thought we got a report that we were the only ones alive…” He glances at the large tube. Then checks that the safety is off.

System Inbound
 

“I thought that too, but maybe they didnt count a dog into that statement”

System Inbound
 

“Let´s hope that´s the only uncountable in the cargo, Lt.” Jason shows three fingers to the waiting Ravn.
Two.
One.

OOC: bq). Sorry for being out. My notifications are way off. I have to manually check for new posts.

System Inbound
 

(OOC, me too. no notifications. Nice to have you back. )

System Inbound
 

A second after Jasons “one” ravn opens the container if he can.

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Bridge
“Maverick, come in. This is Mir Steel Freighter Sorus.” “We are sending you our request for docking and transfer of Cargo for Mir Steel, along with our bill of lading.”
“We will hold at this range, and maintain matching course and velocity until we get the okay from you to approach.”
“We are also carrying a representative from Mir to inspect the cargo and sign off and pay for shipment.”
“The containers are marked: MMX-1VR-MIR, VNH-8YH-MIR, a container..er..this one is a little tricky, it dosen’t have any immediate markings on it, but if you pass a uv light over the upper right hand corner you should see a JKK-Y77-MIR.”
“The last two cases have FGG-113_RT for ident, and the last is a small case, probably does not have any markings, but would be smaller than an average case.”
“Sorus, over."

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold
Ravn, attempting to work the lock, suddenly gets nipped hard on his leg by Leo, who is growling low, and tugging on Ravn’s pants leg.
Jason sees Leo first turn to start sniffing around the hold, but sees Ravn attempt to unlock the container, wheels around, and at full speed scurry back to the front of the container, and bite into Ravn’s leg.
Leo has now placed himself between the front of the container and the two of you.

System Inbound
 

Lauren replies after a short pause. “This is the Maverick. Receiving you loud and clear, Sorus. Good to know where our mystery cargo is heading. I’ll get right back to you on the approach.” Then she closes the channel momentarily and keys her comm. “Ravn, pass a UV light over the unmarked cargo in the upper right corner and read me the designation. Also, Mir Steel is apparently looking for your little buddy there.”

System Inbound
 

“ouch, whats that for. Dont you want me to open that? i guess not. well i better not then”
Ravn turns to jason
“What do you think Jason, open it or not?”

Over com.
“Ravn, pass a UV light over the unmarked cargo in the upper right corner and read me the designation. Also, Mir Steel is apparently looking for your little buddy there.”

“Roger that, i will see if i can find a UV light around here miss.”
__
“Well Jason i think we better not open those containers then”

Ravn looks around for a UV light and testes it, if he finds one, on the container.
Reporting back the markings to Lauren.

System Inbound
 

“Is it one of the crates we´re shipping off to that ship? Then I guess we can keep from looking.”
“That did hurt, right?”

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold

Leo’s nip was hard enough to get your attention, but not hard enough to draw blood, although you get the feeling he would’ve bitten harder if you would’ve continued.

Ravn easily finds a UV light in a power slot near the ramp controls. Passing over the specified area, he finds that indeed, the designation does match the information given.

System Inbound
 

“it was not painful, more a surprice”
Com “Bridge, the markings are just as you said they would be. We dont mess any more with the cargo”

System Inbound
 

Lauren comms back. “Sounds good.” On a sudden impulse, she asks, “Which container opened for you, by the way?”

System Inbound
 

On com to bridge, “a small unmarked one. slightly bigger than a suitcase. I just gripped the handle and a biometric sensor opened it. Do you need us in the cargobay or any other place?”

System Inbound
 

Lauren pauses a short moment, then comes back, “Yeah, actually. Get on a turret.”

She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. Then she gets back on the channel to the Sorus. “All your cargo is present and accounted for, and you’re clear to approach. Just one question…do you have any idea why your little cargo container would have a biometric lock keyed to one of my crewmembers, and contain within it a note specifically addressed to him? Over.”

System Inbound
 

Magnus glances over his shoulder again, looking at Lars.

“You want me on a turret, or here on Sensors?”

System Inbound
 

Ravn moves to one of the turrets and does a quick systemcheck on it.

System Inbound
 

Lauren grins. “Up to you.”

System Inbound
 

Magnus chuckles, unbuckles from the Sensor station and heads for the other turret.

System Inbound
 

Jason waits in the cargo hold, finds some straps and secures himself from bumping in to something should there be any sudden evasive maneuvers.
“Bracing for action in the hold, over.*

System Inbound
 

“Maverick, this is Sorus.” “uhhh..not sure about your query, our pick-up is just supposed to be a holoplayer to be installed at the Mir family household.”
“Are you sure that’s our package?”
Right after the pilot makes that statement, he pauses..
“Just a second,Maverick. The representative wants to speak with you.”
There is another pause before another speaker comes on.
“This is Hallis Mir, senior logistics rep for Mir Steel, Aramis.”
Lars immediately recognizes the voice.
It is one Fenris Tay, former crew of I.S.S. Maverick.

System Inbound
 

Lauren’s eyebrows raise, but her voice is perfectly level, as if she doesn’t recognize him.

Persuade roll 9 +1 Persuade +1 Int = 11 total.

“This is Lauren Makaan, acting captain of the Maverick. What can I do for you?”

System Inbound
 

“Well, welcome back, Maverick.” Tay’s voice chimes back, but it seems..older to you at first hint.
“I hopped on because it sounded as if my pilot was hearing questions about a case with a bio-metric lock keyed to one of your crew? I can assure you, that case isn’t ours, perhaps a mix-up in shipping perhaps?”
“But if that answers your query, then we will be docking in 10 minutes.”
“Oh, one more thing. As per any ship to ship transfer, I will have my staff with me, to make sure all seals were not tampered with, and the cargo matches the containers, and a few will be armed.”
“Will that be a problem, Maverick?”

System Inbound
 

“Not at all,” Lauren answers smoothly. “We will of course be armed as well. Sorry about the mix-up, but my crew assures me no other cases remain unaccounted for. See you in ten. Over and out.”

Lauren cuts the connection, then double-checks that she has done so before opening the comm. “All hands, be advised: Fenris Tay appears to be in control of the Mir Steel delegation that will be docking in ten minutes under the name Hallis Mir.” She pauses for a moment. “I think we should act as if we don’t recognize him, both to avoid a possible incident if I’m mistaken, and to confuse the Iezu, who are doubtless monitoring us at the moment. Bring a weapon, just in case this gets ugly.”

System Inbound
 

“I’ve got my shotgun and Gauss Pistol handy Lars. I’ll wait in the turret and cover their approach until they dock, then I’ll meet the rest of you at the airlock.” comms Magnus from the turret.

System Inbound
 

(OOC to y’all, and slightly off topic, with apologies to Marc: my Virtual Table Top gaming group plays via Skype and Roll20 on Sunday mornings [Pacific time] and we’re looking for new players. We usually play Traveller but we’ve also delved into Pathfinder and Savage Worlds. We usually play for 2-4 hours from 1800 GMT [10 am Pacific] and the group is comprised of stable mature gamers. Let me know if anyone’s interested: I’ve enjoyed playing with you all so far on Maverick/Revivification. In the meantime, bring ‘em on Mr GM, I’d love a piece of Fenris….[btw, how’s the new job going?])

System Inbound
 

“Bridge, will you need me armed or…? i can stay by the turret if you want. My weapon are locked away if you remember.”

Ravn starts to track the incoming vessel with the turretsights. using only passive sensorlock so that the target isnt alarmed.

System Inbound
 

[@ youngerpliny: Not a problem. I, myself am helping out in Church on Sunday mornings, so I can’t attend, but I hope everyone who can, gives your game a whirl!]
[OOC: The job is going well, still learning a lot abotu what I’m doing, so that has it’s good and bad points..lol]

A tense 10 minutes passes as the freighter approaches. through the view screen, you can see that she has articulated arms for loading cargo in space when the containers are too large to move otherwise.

A few moments of maneuvering before the ships are docked through an extended rigid collar from the Sorus. The airlocks go through their cycle and signal green. A group of 5 individuals exit the Sorus and walk through the collar, waiting at the hatch of the Maverick. Three of the individuals are armed with shotguns, but they do not appear threatening.

In the center of the 5, is a lean man in a customized vacc suit, with the name Hallis stiched across the breast, simply waits for access.

System Inbound
 

Lauren nods to whoever is closest to the hatch to open it. Her hands are behind her back, her legs spread, and her body pistol’s holster is discreetly tucked into the small of her back, underneath her shirt. She is not wearing her HEV suit, as that would probably be a bit much, though the back of her neck itches as she longs to be wearing it. Despite her military precision, she radiates calmness, as though she has done this sort of thing many times before (as indeed she has).

[OOC: Thanks for the invite, youngerpliny, but unfortunately that timeslot interferes with my current tabletop game on Sunday nights (try and figure out my time zone from that, I dare you).]

System Inbound
 

Magnus, slightly out of breath, though not more so than his bulk and general fitness would predict, hurries up to take a position near the bulkhead behind Lars. He looks flustered. Smiling hesitantly at the boarding party he mouths a “hello” at the nearest member. Suddenly, as if remembering he’s holding it, he looks down at his shotgun, then back up at the Sorus crew with a slightly redfaced grin.

He waits.

(OOC, Sunday Nights my time? Sunday Nights your time? Sunday Nights your GMs time? Sunday nights GMT? Do you truly dare me? Or simply “dare” me? The internet is even more open to casual misinterpretation than is a real time, face to face conversation. Therefore I decline your dare. However, I would offer in exchange that we also occasionally play on Mondays, at random times (which should be universal), and are always looking for players willing to accept dares, a deficit that my group suffers to which my own membership in said group testifies :)

System Inbound
 

[OOC: Mine and my GM’s, as we are the same person. ;) And I work from 11 AM to 8 PM Pacific time on Mondays…]

System Inbound
 

One woman and one man, standing in front of Hallis, move forward, near Magnus, weapons holstered, allowing Hallis to approach Lars.
“Captain Maakan, I presume?” offering his hand, and removing his helmet. “Hallis Mir. I appreciate you meeting us out here. We’ve been expecting this cargo, and we have a starship waiting to transfer some of the containers, and you know, time is money.”

Lars, once you see him, you are confirmed that this is Fenris Tay, but this person is in their mid 50’s at first glance. Hallis/Fenris still has his dark hair, but it is now run through with streaks of silver. And his hand, as he offers it, is weathered and gnarled, as if many years of lifting and banging containers had taken their toll.

System Inbound
 

Lauren takes Hallis’ hand without hesitation (she finds it easier to deal with him when thinking of him only as Hallis) and says, “Absolutely. I assume you would like to inspect the shipment?”

System Inbound
 

Magnus, an experienced gambler, quickly adopts his best Poker face as Mir removes his helmet.

As he has forgotten to reattach the removable sling for his shotgun, he holds it casually in his hand, as he resumes smiling at Hollis’ companions.

(OOC, well no problem! Thanks to both of you for considering my offer! Especially to Marc to being gracious enough to allow me to “poach” on his board. And if any of you are interested in a Tuesday Pathfinder VTT game…lol :)

System Inbound
 

Ravn stays in the turret for now, petting the dog and keeping an eye on the turretsensors so there’s no surprises.

System Inbound
 

Hallis responds to Lars: “By all means. I’ll only need one of my team along with me.”
The woman behind Hallis cuts him off: “No can do, sir. Our orders came down from your father, and your wife. We stick to you like corvath on blar.”
Hallis waves her off playfully with his hand: “Fine, Fine, but one of you stays here. This crew has already been gracious enough in meeting us here.”
One of the two front contingent chimes out: “I’ll stay, Mr. Mir.”
Hallis says: “Excellent, Brant! make sure you introduce yourself, usually freighters have excellent coffee on board.”
Hallis turns back to Lars: “All we need to do is authenticate the containers, shouldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes, tops.”
So, please lead the way, “Mein Captaine."

System Inbound
 

Somewhere deep in the recesses of her mind, Lauren wonders if Fenris is trying to get her alone to confide something…but her persona doesn’t slip for an instant. “Certainly. Right this way.” She leads the group to the cargo bay.

System Inbound
 

Trying to make ‘innocent’ conversation, Lauren says casually, “You know, I always thought shotguns were an interesting choice for a shipboard weapon. I mean, they’re bulky, messy, and if you ever fire it on board a ship, you’re virtually guaranteed to hit something important. Not to mention how ear-splittingly loud one of those things is in a confined space.”

System Inbound
 

Overhearing from behind Lars, Hallis, and the woman as they move off towards the cargo bay doors, Magnus chuckles, “Being guaranteed to hit something important was the big selling point for me when I chose one. Brant, whadda ya say we ‘introduce’ you and your cohorts to the coffee maker? I call her Trixie, and she makes a damn fine cup of Coffee. Follow me to the Galley.”

System Inbound
 

Overhearing the conversation via the head set, Jason waits in the cargo hold for the Mir team to come and verify.

System Inbound
 

Hallis chuckles at Lars comment: “True, but exactly for those reasons is why Shotguns are so pleasant in shipboard defense.” My personal favorite is a Mauser 235 over under. load up some 20-20, and put your would be pirates on their backsides!"

System Inbound
 

Lauren chuckles right back at that. “I suppose so. Still, I prefer a good single-shot pistol, low recoil, silencer, the works. Quick, clean, and efficient. But you could probably guess that…” She turns around and walks backwards for a moment, pretending to study Hallis. “I’m guessing you carry a backup just in case…mind if I take a wild guess here?…I’m going to say a KF-45 autopistol packed with antipersonnel rounds and a quick-draw holster right about here.” She indicates a point below her left hip, precisely where Fenris used to have his. “Am I close?”

System Inbound
 

[OOC: was going to bed, but these posts were too delicious to resist! Nice job, people!]
Maverick: Galley
Overhearing from behind Lars, Hallis, and the woman as they move off towards the cargo bay doors, Magnus chuckles, “Being guaranteed to hit something important was the big selling point for me when I chose one. Brant, whadda ya say we ‘introduce’ you and your cohorts to the coffee maker? I call her Trixie, and she makes a damn fine cup of Coffee. Follow me to the Galley.”

Brant and the other three follow Magnus back to the galley, where they are met by Sarah, who greets them warmly, and offers them steaming mugs of coffee.

Everyone sits down and small talk eventually begins. You find out that the entire security team was only recently assigned in the past 4 months to Hallis due to his position and responsibilities within the sector growing to the point where often he is taking flights to manages the companies interests.

System Inbound
 

Maverick: En Route to the Cargo Hold
She turns around and walks backwards for a moment, pretending to study Hallis. “I’m guessing you carry a backup just in case…mind if I take a wild guess here?…I’m going to say a KF-45 autopistol packed with antipersonnel rounds and a quick-draw holster right about here.” She indicates a point below her left hip, precisely where Fenris used to have his. “Am I close?”

Hallis eyes narrow at Lars, but only for just a second, then his eyes dart to either side of him as he continues to walk.

Hallis softly chuckles and smile back to Lars “I fly a desk, although I do from time to time get out in the black, so I think you’ve missed with that assessment, Captain.”

“But I will give you points for being so specific. After all, close is a lot better than being shot by a nut in powered armor, wouldn’t you say?”

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Galley
The group there has settled into a relaxed conversation of past missions, former associates and officers, when Sarah walks up to Magnus, who is refilled his mug. Speaking in a casual, yet low tone, Hodges asks:

“Fenris is here?!? what is he doing? and does he know what happened to Centrax?”

System Inbound
 

Lauren’s eyes bore right into Hallis’, letting him know in no uncertain terms that she did not miss his first reaction. “I’m sorry, what?”

System Inbound
 

Hallis, reaching the Iris Hatch stops, then turns to his team as to let them in on the joke: “Sorry. old habits. Sometimes I’ll talk as if everyone was there in some compound or something from my dredged up memory, but I digress.”

Following Lars down the ladder, the group reaches the cargo hold where Jason is sitting at the computer terminal, he swing around upon hearing the hatch release and meets Lars at the base of the ladder.

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Turret #1
[Ravn, did you bring up Leo’s bedding? this post will be based on whether you did or not, and if so, where did you place it]

Ravn is currently monitoring the turret, but there is no activity from the Mir vessel.

System Inbound
 

(Ravn only took Leo with him to the turret)

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Turret #1

Leo is quite calm, until the ships dock. Once they do, he becomes agitated, often hopping out of your lap and walking around the area leading back down to the cargo hold.

System Inbound
 

Lauren shrugs. “Oh, that’s quite all right. I do the same. Part of getting older, I guess.” She puts just the smallest emphasis on the word.

System Inbound
 

Then she turns to Jason, and puts her arm on his shoulders. “This is Jason, our electronics expert. Jason, this is Hallis Mir.”

System Inbound
 

“ok boy, we go to the cargo hold again then”

ravn leaves the turret and goes to the cargohold. atleast if Leo isnt stopping him.

System Inbound
 

Hallis offers his hand to shake: “Jason, is it? maybe you can help me, If you’re given authorization, can you make a connection between our two ships computers?”

“One of these containers has very sensitive materials, which need to be maintained at a proper temperature, and until we get it moved and hooked up to our power grid, I would feel a lot better if my engineer could monitor temperature fluctuations from our ship, if it’s possible.”

He then turns to his two personnel: “Okay, Frens, you’re on hook up.” Hallis tosses him a data pad, with a series of connections. “Make sure these sensors are placed all around the container, lest Centrax have yours and my heads.”

“Lovely Cress, could you station yourself on the containers? Shoot anyone who approaches until we get our data and confirm the shipment’s good.”

“Yes, Mr. Mir” “Cress” then pulls a shotgun off her shoulder, cocks it and walks to a point in between the containers and watches, warily.

As they walk off, and Hallis follows, Lars and Jason notice two things that happen very quickly and quietly..As the two staff pass Hallis, you seen him casually reach up to both ears, before dropping his hands back, and you see, as he walks off towards one of the containers, two pairs of ear plugs on the floor where he was standing.

System Inbound
 

Lauren glances at Jason, gives him a barely perceptible nod, and follows Hallis.

System Inbound
 

“I can do my best to get a bridged network line. No problem.”
He gets up and repositions himself where Hallis had been standing. He scopes them up and tosses a pair to Lars and puts the other pair in his ears.

He starts up a connection with The Mir.

“Up and up. We have a feed, Sir.”

As he confirms the action he flips up the holster guard for his quad-gun.

“What´s the key?”

System Inbound
 

While he does that, Lauren puts her hands in the small of her back and stretches.

System Inbound
 

Ravn and Leo on their way to the cargohold

System Inbound
 

[meanwhile, Sarah and Magnus are entertaining the other three boarding members in the Galley…]

“Can I get you something with your coffee?” asks Magnus of their guests as he picks up a rather large and wicked looking knife.

“I’m gonna slice up some Bagels for Sarah and myself; I’d be happy to do some for you folks as well.”

{Magnus is still openly wearing his Navy Gauss pistol and Blade, though he has set his shotgun by the door behind him}

System Inbound
 

{Magnus ignores Sarahs question, simply acknowledging with a look that he heard her…}

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold
“Up and up. We have a feed, Sir.”

As he confirms the action he flips up the holster guard for his quad-gun.

“What´s the key?”

[Jason, email me a roll against your intelligence to see if you notice one of the guards noticing you flipping up your holster guard]

Hallis acknowledges your request, and is just about to give you the key when he notices Ravn and Leo coming down the opposite side ladder.

A small frown comes over his face for just a second before he recovers. Meanwhile, once Ravn reaches the bottom, Leo stops and stares at Hallis, then scurries over to his “bed”, burying his face until [unless someone is watching him] he comes up wearing a small pair of vr goggles!
Hallis hears Leo’s two yips, then he walks over to Jason’s station.

“The key is MMS-Tay-1.”

Frens calls out: “We’re good to send back to the ship on your command, Mr H.”

“Excellent, Frens. Turning to Lars, Hallis chimes out: Mind if I use your ship’s comm to let my team know we’re just about wrapped up here, Captain?”

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Galley
Brant, and as you find out the two others are Drizt and Kali, eagerly accept your offer of bagels, and are casually seated and relaxed. There seems to be no outward signs of any aggression. To them, working for the boss on a milk run is easy money in the bank.

Magnus, Sarah quickly picks up on your sign, but remains ever vigilant and cool. offering refills to those who need it, and passing out the sliced bagels as they come out of the heater.

System Inbound
 

Ravn stands by the dog and pets him.
Keeping an eye on the people around him. There is way to many crowded in the cargohold and he dont know them all. This seems like a security issue for the ship. Armed visitors is never ok in his book.

System Inbound
 

Lauren says, “Of course, Hallis.” She unpins her comm from her shirt, and in doing so ‘inadvertently’ leans forward enough to whisper to Hallis, “Why don’t you invite me hunting?” sealing it with a wink. After handing the comm to Hallis, she turns to scan the cargo hold, noting that Ravn has come in (she had her back to him.) Catching his eye, she gives him a smile and a wink to reassure him.

System Inbound
 

Noticing he´s being noticed, Jason says: “Too many guns in here. Gets me all tight up. Calm down and there will be no trouble.” After having popped the ear plugs in he replies in another tone to Hallis. " mms – tay – 1 It´s all ready and waiting! Incidentally how is Fenris doing nowadays?"

System Inbound
 

Maverick: Cargo Hold

Lars
“Of course, Hallis.” She unpins her comm from her shirt, and in doing so ‘inadvertently’ leans forward enough to whisper to Hallis, “Why don’t you invite me hunting?” sealing it with a wink. After handing the comm to Hallis, she turns to scan the cargo hold, noting that Ravn has come in (she had her back to him.) Catching his eye, she gives him a smile and a wink to reassure him.

When Lars leans in to whisper to Hallis, Hallis smiles softly and responds; “M’lady, I would suggest putting those plugs in, things are about to get..interesting.” returning her wink with one of his own.

Jason
Hallis’ guard, while noticing your action, make no movement. To your comment to Hallis, he responds: “Thank you, Jason, is it?” “As for this Fenris, well, besides from being my Great-great Grandfather’s name, I’m unsure what you’re asking about.”

Hallis
Hallis take the comm from Lauren, walks over to the container, pins the comm onto his suit, then addresses both crews:
“Attention, away team and crew of the Sorus. This is Hallis Mir. We have successfully located all cargo, and are currently downloadidng status updates to the Sorus.”

Maverick: Bridge

The computer displays flicker momentarily as small windows open and close on the life support and navigation systems. The computer is about to respond before everything returns to normal.

Sorus: Engineering

The same event occurs on board the vessel, this time only in engineering.

Hallis
“Cargo loaders, please begin preparation for an EVA to transfer and secure cargo. For the crew of the Maverick, be sure that your efforts are appreciated, and will not go unewarded. The same goes for the Sorus’ crew as well.”

System Inbound
 

Ravn: Maverick Cargo Hold
Petting Leo, you can easily see that Leo seems to be intently watching screens of data on small screens in his case, while his head twitches back and forth from under the goggles, but as his head does that, windows seems to be opening and closing.

System Inbound
 

(OOC Cool!)

System Inbound
 

Lauren puts her earplugs in immediately, and then stretches again.

System Inbound
 

Ravn takes a closer look. trying to see what this wonderdog is doing.

(Computer-1)

System Inbound
 

Hallis finishes his statement, still communicating to both vessels: “As efficient as you all are, by the time we’re done”..Hallis looks at Jason, and gives a shrug, almost as if he’s saying “sorry”.
“It will seem as if it was all….”
The two guards, suddenly realize what’s going on, as panels on the container Hallis is near slide down, revealing mesh coverings, rush towards Hallis, shouting “Nooooooooo!!”
Hallis, smiling wickedly.
“Just a dream..”

Maverick: Galley
Everyone is listening to Hallis, some focused, others keeping it in the background, when, after he says “dream”..a buzzing sound appears in your head, then everything goes dark.

Ravn
As you’re looking over Leo, you see a window pop open in your vision that just says “Please sit, right now!”
Knowing that something’s up, you drop to the grating, just as the buzzing sound begins to rise in your ears.

Maverick: Cargo Hold
As soon as Hallis says “dream” anyone who does not have ear protection drops unconscious.

System Inbound
 

Lauren takes one look around to make sure everyone else is unconscious. “Never a dull moment with you, is there?” she shouts over the buzzing noise.

System Inbound
 

Rising and pulling his quad gun, Jason walks over to Lars and Hallis. He points to the opened container. At Hallis he mouths “NOW WHAT?” and raises an eye brow.
The gun is leveled at the grated floor.

System Inbound
 

Hallis, while looking at his watch, looks up at Lauren’s comment and shouts back, still grinning: “Missed you too, Lars!”
“In 5…4….3…2….1..”
The buzzing sound stops, and the panels in the container close again.
Hallis removes his ear protection, then heads to the guards, and begins disarming them.
“We probably have a hour, maybe less. The sonic effect varies from person to person. So, we’ve got to get them on board the Sorus, and get my delivery off.”

System Inbound
 

(OOC LOL!)

System Inbound
 

Lauren cracks her knuckles. “Let’s get to work, then.” She steps over to Cress and hoists her onto her back. “Should we leave someone to interrogate, or can you tell us everything they can?”

System Inbound
 

Jason disarms the guard who had been hovering over him. He also searches the guard´s pockets for flash drives and ID pads. He slings the rifle over his shoulder. Then he drags him by the feet towards the Sorus/Maverick docking.

System Inbound
 

Hallis replies to Lauren: “No, they are security forces with Mir, but boy are they gonna get chewed out for letting me off the chain, again!”
Hallis helps with Jason with getting Frens to the airlock/docking collar, walking around, and stepping over strewn bodies in the galley.
Hallis tosses a small stim-gun to Lauren: “This will help with the kick. They’ll have a bad headache, but Sarah can help with that. They should be awake in 5 after the shot.”
“Let’s get Cress and Frens over first, and get them into Hi-Gee chairs. Then once Magnus is up, he can help with the rest.”

System Inbound
 

Jason, upon his search, finds a Mir Industries ID badge, a personal data tablet, a knife in a ankle sheath.

System Inbound
 

Lauren nods, and moves off to do just that.

System Inbound
 

Jason swipes the Frens´Mir ID, the tablet and the sheath with knife then secures Frens and Crest in the HG-chairs. He straps them real tight. Before he leaves the two he nicks Crest´s ID as well.

Criss´shotgun jumps against Jason´s back as heads for the galley. He hesitates: “Do we need to secure any of the cargo before leaving, Hallis?”

System Inbound
 

The Sorus
Hallis says: “Only this”. and he gives a whistle over his comm. About 4 minutes later a familiar figure in a customized vacc suit appears from the engineering hatch.

It is Centrax.

“Centrax, we all set?”

“Affirmative, Hallis. The ship’s computer has been successfully hacked,and the spoofed ID’s loaded onto the Sorus, along with her navigation plot.

“Great! head on over to Maverick. you’re in engineering.”

“I look forward to seeing old friends.”

And with that, Centrax places his helmet on, maneuvers himself into the airlock and begins the process.

System Inbound
 

By this time, I would think Lauren has managed to awaken Sarah, Magnus, and Kreios.

System Inbound
 

“Grreat leaping supernovas! My head feels like crap! What happened?” groans Magnus.

Listening to Lars explanation, he interjects, “Well, I guess a little pain was worth it, then. What do you need me to do?”

After Lars explains, Magnus seems to take great pleasure in manhandling the unconscious security team members back through the airlock, and none too gently at that…

System Inbound
 

Maverick

“Ow. what happened?” Sarah exclaims as she regains consciousness. Upon hearing Lauren’s explanation, Sarah takes the stim and says “I’ll whip up something for the headaches.” She then heads for sickbay.

Magnus begins manhandling the security team towards the airlock when the airlock cycles green, and he sees Centrax enter.

“Magnus.”

And with that, Centrax turns and heads towards engineering.

System Inbound
 

“Curiouser and curiouser…” mumbles Magnus as he continues his labors.

System Inbound
 

After about 15 minutes, The security team, along with the crew of the Sorus has been secured into their hi-gee chairs, or placed in their bunks.
Hallis is the last one off the Sorus, retracting the docking collar, and securing the airlock aboard Maverick.
Sorus heels to starboard, then begins to slowly accelerate as her drives glow in the cold of space, becoming smaller and smaller until she is merely a blip on the radar.
“Centrax, whadda got?”
“Confirmed course correction, Hallis. Sorus is successfully in the parabolic orbit parameter. They’ll be safe, and out of the shipping lanes more than long enough.”
*Great work. and the ship’s A.I.?"
“Programmed to defend her, and wake the crew if set upon by pirates, and set with a manifest and crew registry if a long range patrol asks any queries.”
“Well, that’s that.”
Hallis switches off the intercom.
“So, who wants coffee?”

System Inbound
 

After about 15 minutes, The security team, along with the crew of the Sorus has been secured into their hi-gee chairs, or placed in their bunks.
Hallis is the last one off the Sorus, retracting the docking collar, and securing the airlock aboard Maverick.
Sorus heels to starboard, then begins to slowly accelerate as her drives glow in the cold of space, becoming smaller and smaller until she is merely a blip on the radar.
“Centrax, whadda got?”
“Confirmed course correction, Hallis. Sorus is successfully in the parabolic orbit parameter. They’ll be safe, and out of the shipping lanes more than long enough.”
*Great work. and the ship’s A.I.?"
“Programmed to defend her, and wake the crew if set upon by pirates, and set with a manifest and crew registry if a long range patrol asks any queries.”
“Well, that’s that.”
Hallis switches off the intercom.
“So, who wants coffee?”

System Inbound
 

After about 15 minutes, The security team, along with the crew of the Sorus has been secured into their hi-gee chairs, or placed in their bunks.
Hallis is the last one off the Sorus, retracting the docking collar, and securing the airlock aboard Maverick.
Sorus heels to starboard, then begins to slowly accelerate as her drives glow in the cold of space, becoming smaller and smaller until she is merely a blip on the radar.
“Centrax, whadda got?”
“Confirmed course correction, Hallis. Sorus is successfully in the parabolic orbit parameter. They’ll be safe, and out of the shipping lanes more than long enough.”
*Great work. and the ship’s A.I.?"
“Programmed to defend her, and wake the crew if set upon by pirates, and set with a manifest and crew registry if a long range patrol asks any queries.”
“Well, that’s that.”
Hallis switches off the intercom.
“So, who wants coffee?”

System Inbound
 

“You buyin’? Then I’ll take a cup. Might go a ways further towards easing this damn headache.” says Magnus as he glares at Hollis for a long second, then he breaks out laughing.

System Inbound
 

(OOC typo meant Hallis)

System Inbound
 

Lauren nods. “Sounds like a good idea. You’ve got some questions to answer, anyway.”

System Inbound
 

This is a good spot to start a new thread. 185 comments was getting a tad meaty!

System Inbound
 

True that Chief!

System Inbound
MarcRichardson

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.